Chris Leib, DPT, CSCS, Cert MDT, COMT
Owner and operator Dr. Chris Leib has been passionate about physical therapy ever since battling chronic low back pain and ankle injuries during his high school basketball days.
As he became more interested in making it his career, it became apparent that he not only wanted to help people recover from injury, but also assist them in improving their overall quality of life.
Chris received his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (DPT) from the University of Scranton, and has since earned the following certifications and distinctions over the past decade:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) via the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment (Cert. MDT) via the McKenzie Institute of America
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT) via Maitland Australian Physiotherapy Seminars (MAPS).
- Certified administrator of the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), Functional Movement Screen (FMS-Level 1 and 2), and the Y Balance Test via Functional Movement Systems
- Crossfit Level 1 Coach and Crossfit Mobility Coach
- Certified Level 1 Pilates Reformer instructor via Just B Movement Arts.
Chris is also an advocate of and trained in mindfulness-based meditation and combines this practice with his holistic approach to wellness to assist patients experiencing chronic pain.
Chris strongly believes that once the body is injured, the only way to fully “heal” and eliminate the possibility of a recurrence is to improve your physical condition well beyond your pre-injury state. He has found this to be nearly impossible in clinics where therapists lack specialized training in strength and conditioning or where patients are caught in a clinical model that promotes a quick turnover of patients to meet revenue quotas.